We are looking forward also for all ideas and initiatives undertaken by the volunteers as long as they will meet our priorities and will help to create an interesting offer for the EkoCentrum.
Basically we would like to set 3 teams to support our work.
1) Media team
This team will be focus on media (photo/film) coverage of FER’s activities – events, workshops, trainings etc. As we are working within the city we would like to product with you short movies or photo stories focused on environmental problems of the city. All kind of projects initiated by volunteers involving local partners: inhabitants, youths and focusing on local, environmental issues will be warmly welcome!
The team will be created by people familiar with filming, taking pictures, editing, processing and so on. Team will be supported by professional photographers and editors.
2) Education team
Main role is to support and cooperate with educators within regular classes we are running in EkoCentrum. We are also open for own initiatives of Volounteers to prepare and provide the workshops and additional trainings regarding to the volunteer profile and needs of children and adults from the neighborhood (dance, music, juggling classes, handcraft, etc).
This team will be supported by professional animators and educators working in EC.
3) Environmental events team
The team will be responsible for coordinating the outdoor activities organized as well in our district (Nadodrze) as in our region (Lower Silesia/ Dolny Sląsk) - several events during summer and autumn season. We expect that you will take initiative and help us to organize an event for local inhabitants in a frame of regular events in our district (in summer and in December) or you will support us in our activities within civil society projects (Green area in the city, urban gardening, sustainable transport, etc)
You can change team during your stay or you can stick to one of the area, but what’s important you should feel at ease within at least one of the main topics: education/ media/ environment.
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements.
- Accommodation: Volunteers will live in the shared flat with other EVS volunteers. Possibly sharing room with other person /only if the same gender/;
- Food: volunteer will receive extra money for food expenses /circa 100 euro per month;
- Local transport: Volunteers will receive monthly card for public transport.
- Travel to and from the project is also covered;
- Health insurance is covered by the program;
If you need more info about your stay and your role please contact our partner regarding your country Croatia/Ukraine/Turkey (contacts are below).
We would like to work with somebody who:
- shares our values towards the environment;
- is proactive, educative with good communication skills and takes responsibility for what she or he is managing
- has basic environmental knowledge (at least not denying climate change!) /natural science background would be an asset/ ;
- is well organized and self-directed;
- speaks communicative English.
For media team we are looking for people who:
- have IT skills and are keen on basic graphic programs and web design
- are familiar with filming, taking pictures, editing, processing
For education and environmental events teams we are looking for people who:
- love to work with groups (children and adults) and have some experience in work with them,
- are keen on hadcrafts and/ or dancing, juggling, acrobatics, circus, sports and all sort of creative ways to use your body and mind.
- are ready to invent an interesting offer for workshop in EkoCentrum and put it into practice
- like gardening and outdoor works
How to Apply
If you feel that you may match to our team and share the same values don’t hesitate and contact our Partner regarding your nationality:
- Ukraine: Green Cross Society, www.gcs.org.ua tel. +380 32 2445607 contact person: Voloshynskyy Oleksandr, Ten adres pocztowy jest chroniony przed spamowaniem. Aby go zobaczyć, konieczne jest włączenie obsługi.
- Croatia: Udruga Žmergo, contact person: +385 51 271 459 Ana Golja Ten adres pocztowy jest chroniony przed spamowaniem. Aby go zobaczyć, konieczne jest włączenie obsługi. ,
- Turkey: AKDENIZ UNIVERSITY, www.akdeniz.edu.tr , tel: 00902423102125 contact person: Serap Bilal Ten adres pocztowy jest chroniony przed spamowaniem. Aby go zobaczyć, konieczne jest włączenie obsługi.
Please fill out the application form and send it to us, together with your CV. There is no need to post or fax a copy. Successful candidates will be required to provide a hard copy signed with their signature.
We are looking forward to meet you the 1st April 2017 in Poland. Deadline for application is 3rd March 2017 (Friday).
Who we are?
The mission of Foundation for Sustainable Development (Fundacja EkoRozwoju – FER), one of the biggest in Poland non- government organization (NGO), is to support development in harmony with nature. We have been successfully trying to achieve this goal since 1991. Initially, our activities focused mainly on protection of water and river valleys. Over the years the range of our activities widened considerably including urban environment.
Today, we do not only protect nature (e.g. roadside avenues and endangered species) but we also support social initiatives using natural values in a sustainable manner, promote innovation in the field of environmental protection and conduct educational activities directed to the officials, teachers, youth , adults and seniors. We carry out projects of local, regional, national and international levels.
In autumn 2013 Foundation for Sustainable Development opened in Wroclaw Nadodrze, “EkoCentrum” - unique in the country's scale a center of environmental education. Not accidentally does it function in a place where major environmental problems are born which is in the heart of the city. Together with the inauguration of EkoCentrum our educational activities expanded to a permanent offer of classes and also took on a more holistic nature including global and anti-discrimination education. Today, in a permanent educational offer, we organize both indoor and outdoor activities. The classes of the Sustainable Development are focused on the sustainable use of natural resources, with particular emphasis on measures to reduce waste, reduction of energy consumption, promoting sustainable transport, responsible consumption, water conservation and climate change.
FER contact information
sw. Wincentego Str, 25, A,C
contact person: Katarzyna Zaremba, Ten adres pocztowy jest chroniony przed spamowaniem. Aby go zobaczyć, konieczne jest włączenie obsługi.